It’s that time of year again when the lights come out, the snow falls (how we wish), and one of our favourite thing to do is to bake festive treats for this joyous ocassion. One of the reasons we love Christmas is because of all the mouthwatering and pretty cupcakes we see! With this healthier prep of our Vanilla Frosting (We call it Vanilla Buttercream), you don’t have to sacrifice your diet or your health to indulge in the tastiness of Christmas!
Batterful’s Vanilla Buttercream
This healthier prep makes the frosting less sugary and much more smooth. Not to mention, its simple and easy to make!
To start, you’ll need the following ingredients:
• 250g Butter (At Room Temp.)
• 100g Icing Sugar
• 2 Tablespoon Milk
• 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract or 1 Tablespoon Vanilla Essence
1. In large bowl, beat butter with an electric mixer until creamy. (It will turn from yellow to pale/while)
2. Add in about half the icing sugar and mix well till icing sugar blends with the butter. Then add in the remaining half of the icing sugar and beat till mixture turns more pale.
3. Add in milk and vanilla extract and beat the mixture until buttercream turns near white.
Note: If icing seems too thin, add confectioners’ sugar 1 tablespoon at a time. If it seems too thick, add more milk 1 teaspoon at a time until icing reaches desired consistency.
We love to know what healthy recipes you love this festive season. Share it with us so we can share with others!