Fluffy Gateau Au Chocolat by Sumpocky
From Our Test Kitchen to Your Home Oven
Light and fluffy, this confectionary treat resembles a simple brownie “log-cake”. Using a great blend of almond flour and cocoa powder, it gives rise to a nice brown finish with a sponge-like texture. Not to mention the chocolate chips enhances the flavour and the raspberries creates a great look to it!
To start, you’ll need the following ingredients:
• 80g Dark Chocolate Chips
• 20g Fresh Milk
• 50g Vegetable Oil
• 20g Unsweetened Yogurt Crumb
• 2 Eggs
• 70g Caster Sugar
• 30g Cake Flour
• 10g Cocoa Powder
• 10g Almond Powder
• ½ Tsp Baking Powder
• 10g Icing Sugar
• Bunch of Raspberries
1. Melt the Dark Chocolate Chips in a microwave in 20 second blasts for 2 times, stirring in between. Mix the Milk, followed by Vegetable Oil and Yogurt. Whisk well.
2. In a separate bowl, beat the Eggs and Sugar with an Electric Mixer on high speed till white and fluffy (about 5 minutes). Switch to low speed and beat on low speed for 1 minute. The mixture should form a ribbon when you drizzle it down.
3. Add the mixture from Step 1 to Step 2. Mix well until everything is combined. Dry ingredients will be folded into this mixture in the next step to form the batter.
4. Prepare flour sieve. Sift the Cake Flour, Cocoa Powder, Almond Powder, and Baking Powder into the mixture in Step 3. Fold the sifted dry ingredients in gently by scooping the batter from the bottom and lifting it to the top.
5. Preheat oven to 170°C. Pour the batter into a rectangular baking pan lined with parchment paper. Bake in the oven at 170°C. After it is in the oven for 10 minutes, take it out from the oven and use a knife to slice across the surface. Put it back in for about 30-35 minutes.
6. Remove from oven and let it cool completely. Dust with Icing Sugar and top with Raspberries. Serve warm with a cup of hot chocolate!
ers’ sugar 1 tablespoon at a time.
and see Batterful’s Recipe Card + FREE Video Guide!
We love to know what healthy recipes you love this festive season. Share it with us so we can share with others! Reach us at email@example.com